View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Tips, Tricks & Techniques Forum 

Would you like to see a dedicated Pro Tips, Tricks & Techniques forum?
Yes 92%  92%  [ 36 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 39

Tips, Tricks & Techniques Forum 

Post Tips, Tricks & Techniques Forum
I mentioned in another thread that it would be cool to have a forum where only Tips, Tricks & Techniques could be posted. This would allow us to have one cohesive area to learn aspects of production that we might have overlooked in the general "Talking Live" section which is often a mismatch of newbie questions and gold. Basically, all new posts would be required to start by detailing a production technique and then all subsequent posts in the thread could be either questions or comments about the topic technique. What do you guys think?

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:41 am
ALDJ Guru (Mod)

Post Re: Tips, Tricks & Techniques Forum
RandomForumName wrote:
I mentioned in another thread that it would be cool to have a forum where only Tips, Tricks & Techniques could be posted. This would allow us to have one cohesive area to learn aspects of production that we might have overlooked in the general "Talking Live" section which is often a mismatch of newbie questions and gold. Basically, all new posts would be required to start by detailing a production technique and then all subsequent posts in the thread could be either questions or comments about the topic technique. What do you guys think?

Good idea, but most likely it will require more moderation as what happens is that people just post whatever to any forum section...

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:29 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Tips, Tricks & Techniques Forum
Kent Sandvik wrote:
RandomForumName wrote:

Good idea, but most likely it will require more moderation as what happens is that people just post whatever to any forum section...

I'll volunteer just to have a place where the focus is centered around serious users wanting to share their knowledge.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 am

If it could be extended to include dj-ing techniques (again each post specifying a specific technique) then I would definitely be keen to see something like this.

edit: and would also happily also put my hand up to help moderate.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:40 am

I'd be super keen on this. It would need SERIOUS moderating, though. (Another volunteer here). Problem is - you get TOO MANY questions asked in a Tips n' Tricks thread. The best way to do it would be to have answers to questions in the General/Talking Live forum, and move the concise answers to the Tips forum...

D/L FREE tracks here!!!

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:50 pm

I'd be super keen on this. It would need SERIOUS moderating, though. (Another volunteer here). Problem is - you get TOO MANY questions asked in a Tips n' Tricks thread. The best way to do it would be to have answers to questions in the General/Talking Live forum, and move the concise answers to the Tips forum...

this but make it a locked forum, kinda just a reference of where to find awesome tips and tricks as they come up. but no one can ask questions and generally spam that section of the forum

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:12 pm
ALDJ Hero

yeah.. a locked forum, which has loads of handy threads and posts... a reference with all the most important tips and tricks and tutorials...

if only we had one of those already....

;-)

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
ALDJ Hero

sounds like a Locked thread is the best idea to me. put it up there with the FAQ section (which is also locked).

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I think its an interesting idea too, (a locked area where the cream of tips and turorials go).
That wouldnt require any more moderation, but people would have to submit tutorials for us to have enough content to validate a whole new section.

The problem is trying to keep ALDJ from getting too cluttered. We already have 13 public sections!

If it was done right and got enough support from members, I would be in favour of it.

The decision lies with OOMS.

Voice your support in this thread if you want to increase the chances.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

I'm happy to hear that others are interested! Keep the suggestions coming. :D

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:14 pm

i'd be in support of this. check out the tips & techniques section of gearslutz.com to see an example.

Buy my tracks on Beatport : https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... s_volume_2

Kid Handsome on last.fm http://www.last.fm/music/Kid+Handsome

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 am

I like this idea. I personally would like to see more people writing guides, or mini guides for the FAQ section as well. People want the information for sure and as the forum grows, there's tons of solid posts from the past that don't see the light of day because they're so buried.

We could do something like the ALDJ Classic Mix section where people basically say that something is a good post and should be added. This approach requires somebody to be manning the ship to do the adding though.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:42 am

Wow I was almost certain that this thread had died due to lack of exposure. I still support having a dedicated area for the highest quality tutorials and production techniques submitted. Perhaps if we could have it located near the "Talking Live" and "OT Chat" section more people would be interested. I've been super busy recently and haven't posted much but will definitely reply to all posts in this thread. It's late and I'm tired so I have to cut this short but here's to wishing that this concept is brought to fruition. :idea: :)

Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:17 am

LOL, idea's not dead. Often times it just takes a while for new things to get done around here with people being busy and all.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:11 pm

LOL, idea's not dead. Often times it just takes a while for new things to get done around here with people being busy and all.

I hear ya... I might have to start shamefully linking this thread in all of my posts on the main forum :D .

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next