View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Not responding. 

Post Not responding.
Hi everyone, just a quick question. I've been dj-ing with live 7 for a while and recently my laptop took a knock and i had to get windows re-installed. I have re-installed ableton and am just going through my mp3s to check the warpings are still ok as i noticed some were out ( maybe i forgot to save them ). Anyhow the last track i dragged in started monitor playback instead of dropping into a channel and live stopped responding. I closed and reopened a few times with the same results each time. I tried dropping other tracks and still the same.
Anyone ever encountered such a problem before?

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:52 am

Post Re: Not responding.
It seems to be in only one folder though. I tried files from other folders and it seems ok.
Also i turned down the monitor volume and the offending files still started playing as i dropped them in like they're just starting automatically, out of sync with tracks already playing but the audio timeline for these files did not show at the bottom of the screen!
Any light shed on this problem would be gratefully appreciated as I am starting to pull my hair out now

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:30 am

Shit, i just read tarekith's omg post about mp3s. i will do that first just cos i should but i fear thats not the problem as i used mp3s for ages prior to this without coming across such a problem

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:35 am

Check your decoding cache to make sure it's not full, I'd bet that's what's happening. If so, you can increase the the size of the cache via Live's preferences.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
ALDJ Sith

also have you got the latest version of quicktime? if thats not up to date it can cause all sorts of problems

http://soundcloud.com/guytherev/bread-and-butter-november-2011

Click here to see it on Mixcloud

Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:51 pm
ALDJ Hero

and have you got the blue headphones button checked under the browser?

trevster on soundcloud

Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks very much for the responses guys. I've been away, just caught up with all my mail today. I will make sure i have quick time up to date and will look into the decoding cache as well.

Cheers again.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]